Blogs 'essential' to a good career
From the Boston Globe, April 16, 2006: Blogs 'essential' to a good career.
1. Blogging creates a network.
2. Blogging can get you a job.
3. Blogging is great training.
4. Blogging helps you move up quickly.
5. Blogging makes self-employment easier.
6. Blogging provides more opportunities.
7. Blogging could be your big break.
8. Blogging makes the world a better place.
Blogging ties nicely into some of the ideas in 7 Ways to Find a Job. No, 8! Aaaaah!!. If you're creating white papers or case studies, your blog is a perfect place to publicize it. At first, people will tend to find your blog because they're looking for you. Over time, though, they'll start finding it because they're looking for the topic, which leads them to you. Your blog can promote you while you're asleep—isn't that great?